Sabancı Republic Day Campaign
- Sabancı Group's highest priority since the day it was founded is to keep the values of the Republic alive. After the forest fires and floods in 2021, Sabancı initiated the Republic Day Campaign with the mission to support restoration and healing in the aftermath of environmental disasters and to be a pioneer and example for sustainable living. The primary purpose of the campaign is to ensure that nature, living things, and new generations have a beautiful future and in the process protect Atatürk's legacy.
- In this context, Sabancı Group carried the enthusiasm of the Republic to 11 cities: Adana, Aydın, Aksaray, Ankara, Antalya, Balıkesir, Bursa, Çanakkale, İstanbul, Kocaeli, and Mersin.
- For 13 days between October 29 and November 10, all Sabancı Volunteers not only celebrated the Republic but also, through their altruistic actions, contributed towards keeping it alive. Finally, on November 10, the events held during this period were presented to the Great Leader Atatürk.
- In the campaign which was carried out on a completely voluntary basis, many beneficial activities were organized, from soil regeneration to planting saplings, environmental cleaning, supporting biodiversity, and renovating schools.
- This campaign, in which the Sabancı Volunteers in the field devoted a total of 35 thousand hours for 13 days, added up to 1,458 days, or four years when calculated.
- Within the scope of the campaign realized for the second time this year, the 99th anniversary of the Republic of Türkiye was again celebrated, with great enthusiasm by all the benevolent volunteers working in the field.
- In 2022, the campaign became Türkiye's highest attended social responsibility initiative.
- The campaign was carried out around four themes: "Preparing the youth for the future," "Women's participation in the workforce," "Preventive response against climate emergency," and "Supporting biodiversity."
- 32 social responsibility projects and 242 events were implemented by all the 16 companies and institutions of Sabancı Group within the scope of the campaign that spanned a total of 48 cities.
- The cities were Adana, Ayfonkarahisar, Aksaray, Ankara, Antalya, Aydın, Balıkesir, Bartın, Batman, Bilecik, Bolu, Bursa, Çanakkale, Çankırı, Çorum, Denizli, Diyarbakır, Düzce, Elâzığ, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Hatay, Isparta, İskenderun, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Karabük, Kastamonu, Kayseri, Kırıkkale, Kırklareli, Kilis, Kocaeli, Konya, Manisa, Mersin, Muğla, Ordu, Osmaniye, Samsun, Sivas, Şanlıurfa, Tekirdağ, Tokat, Trabzon, Yalova, and Zonguldak.
- All the works carried out within the scope of the campaign were presented to the Great Leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk on November 10, just like last year, and his memory was kept alive by these exceptional volunteers working hard for our country.
|Türkiye's highest attended social responsibility initiative ‘Sabancı Republic Day Campaign’
|15 companies and institutions
||16 companies and institutions
|35.000 hours by volunteers (equal to 4 years of person days)
||81.500 hours by volunteers (equal to 9 years of person days)
||41 NGOs (TOG, Darüşşafaka, TEGV, Teknolojide Kadın (Women in Technology), Bilim Virüsü (Science Virus), TOBB, Habitat, Çevko etc..)
2022 Sabancı Republic Day Campaign Results in Theme Breakdown
Preparing the youth for the future:
- We have provided digital and sustainability training to 12 thousand young people.
- We have renovated schools and established classrooms so our children can receive education in better conditions.
Women’s participation in the workforce:
- We have provided training in technology to 1,400 women.
- We have created gender equality awareness among 4,200 young people.
Preventive response against climate emergency:
- We have taken measures to restore 75 thousand hectares of forest area
- We have established artificial intelligence-based early fire detection systems (40 Kozalak covering an area of 5,000 hectares)
- We built eight fire pools, each with a capacity of 600 tons, for rapid response to fires (1 in Adana, 3 in Antalya, 3 in Muğla, 1 in Çanakkale, to cover an area of 70 thousand hectares)
- We planted 208 thousand saplings
- We collected 8 tons of waste
- We enriched the honey forests, setting up 2,500 hive stands
- We created habitats for 300 million creatures
- We delivered 10 tons of fruit and vegetable products left in the fields to the needy during the food rescue harvests.
- We established permaculture gardens
- We made 1,350 people aware of biodiversity
'Running for good':
- With 2,000 Sabancı Volunteers, we became the largest group to participate in the İstanbul Marathon.
- We collected donations for 23 NGOs and touched the lives of approximately 2,200 people.
- We are in the top three in the ranking according to the amount of donations we collect.
*The total donation amount collected by Sabancı Holding is 516,530 TL.
Donations will continue to be collected until November 21.
Corporate Teams Ranking in the Fundraising Campaign
- İGA: https://ipk.adimadim.org/team/view?id=5652
- HSBC: https://ipk.adimadim.org/team/view?id=1321
- Sabancı: https://ipk.adimadim.org/team/view?id=4887
Top 6 among the NGOs for which donations were collected:
- Koruncuk Foundation
- Darüşşafaka Society
- Mother Child Education Foundation
- Association for Combating SMA Disease
- Tohum Türkiye Autism Early Diagnosis and Education Foundation